[mvapich-discuss] MVAPICH2 2.1a, PMI2 interface, SLURM srun parallel luncher

Filippo Spiga spiga.filippo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 03:36:59 EDT 2014

Hi Jonathan,

On Oct 15, 2014, at 7:09 PM, Jonathan Perkins <perkinjo at cse.ohio-state.edu> wrote:
> Hi Filippo.  Can you try adding the following to your batch script?
>
>    export MV2_ENABLE_AFFINITY=O
>
> MVAPICH2 enables affinity by default and I think there is an interaction
> that is preventing it from doing what you're expecting.

MV2_ENABLE_AFFINITY does the trick! Thanks!

May I suggest, when PMI2 is used as lunch interface, to disable affinity and let use the srun/SLURM default as default affinity strategy? For example, Open MPI binds per core as default. But when srun is used, I can manipulate it with --cpu_bind correctly. So I assume that Open MPI default is disabled when srun is used. It will be nice if MVAPICH2 adops the same strategy.

Cheers,
Filippo

--
Mr. Filippo SPIGA, M.Sc.
http://filippospiga.info ~ skype: filippo.spiga

«Nobody will drive us out of Cantor's paradise.» ~ David Hilbert

*****
Disclaimer: "Please note this message and any attachments are CONFIDENTIAL and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. The contents are not to be disclosed to anyone other than the addressee. Unauthorized recipients are requested to preserve this confidentiality and to advise the sender immediately of any error in transmission."