[mvapich-discuss] building mvapich2 on a large SMP

Hari Subramoni subramoni.1 at osu.edu
Thu Oct 2 19:29:32 EDT 2014

Hi Dr. Sankaran,

The only requirement for building MVAPICH is that the system should have
OFED libraries installed. As long as the OFED libraries are present, you
should be able to compile and build MVAPICH2. Could you please install OFED
libraries and retry? The following section of the userguide gives some more
information about specific config options required if OFED libraries are in
non standard locations

http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/static/media/mvapich/mvapich2-2.1a-userguide.html#x1-140004.6

To the best of our knowledge there should not be any other issues that will
prevent you from running MVAPICH2 on this system. However, please note that
we have not optimized MVAPICH2 for performance or memory footprint on such
a large system before. So please let us know if you have any such issues
and we will be glad to work with you.

Regards,
Hari.