[mvapich-discuss] MPI Job crash on multi-node settings only

Hari Subramoni subramoni.1 at osu.edu
Tue Nov 18 15:52:36 EST 2014

Hello Kin,

I ran your program on our local cluster on a multi-node setting multiple
times with the latest MVAPICH2-2.1a and was not able to get the failure you
were talking about.

>From the error message, it looks like there might be some firewall running
on your system preventing mpirun_rsh from accessing the second node leading
to the error. Could you please consult your system administrator and
disable any firewalls that could be running and retry? Could you also let
us know how you're launching the job using mpirun_rsh, your hostfile, and
how you configured MVAPICH2?

Regards,
Hari.