[mvapich-discuss] Assertion failure in ch3_win_fns

Martin Pokorny mpokorny at nrao.edu
Fri May 16 11:08:43 EDT 2014

Hello,

I'm encountering the following assertion failure in calls to
MPI_Win_allocate when using mvapich2-2.0rc1. My test setup uses a small
number of nodes on an Infiniband network.

> Assertion failed in file src/mpid/ch3/channels/mrail/src/rdma/ch3_win_fns.c at line 233: node_comm_ptr != NULL

I'm finding that the occurrence of this error seems to depend on the
size of the window being allocated: the error occurs when the window
size is small, but doesn't occur for larger window sizes. Small in my
test being 4MiB, and large, 16MiB, but I haven't done a systematic
investigation to search for a cutoff. My test allocates several windows
of the same size, and it appears that the error occurs after a few
successful allocations (of smaller size).

Any suggestions?

--
Martin Pokorny
Software Engineer - New Mexico Systems Group lead