[mvapich-discuss] src/mpid/ch3/channels/mrail/src/gen2/ibv_cuda_util.c:784: cudaHostRegister Failed: No such file or directory

Pierre Wahl pwahl at b-phot.org
Mon Jan 27 09:49:10 EST 2014

Dear MVAPICH guys,

After reconfiguring our machine I ran into the following problem in the
cuda-aware version of MVAPICH.

On the latest 1.9 I got the following error on  MPI_INIT

src/mpid/ch3/channels/mrail/src/gen2/ibv_cuda_util.c:784: cudaHostRegister
Failed: No such file or directory

On 2.2.0b I only get the same error when using more the 1 cards.

src/mpid/ch3/channels/mrail/src/gen2/ibv_cuda_util.c:784: cudaHostRegister
Failed: No such file or directory

I looked around and I could not find the cause of this problem. Many Thanks
for help!

Pierre