[mvapich-discuss] hydra with disabled AcceptEnv /SendEnv in ssh config

Jonathan Perkins perkinjo at cse.ohio-state.edu
Thu Feb 27 09:12:47 EST 2014

Instead of adding rpath to the compiler wrappers, try adding the rpath
to the mvapich2 library.  You can do this at configure time by the
following...

./configure CC=icc CXX=icpc FC=ifort F77=ifort
LDFLAGS='-Wl,-rpath,/path/to/intel/library/directory' ...

This will embed the rpath into the mvapich2 library (and launcher
executables) which will most likely resolve your problem.  This is of
course assuming that your real problem is that the hydra proxy isn't
finding the intel libraries when being launched.

Let us know if this helps.

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 3:00 AM, Christoph Niethammer
<niethammer at hlrs.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Following problem: I built mvapich2 with the Intel compiler/libraries in a non default location and the installation is handled via modules[1] setting the appropriate environment variables.
> Unfortunately environment variables are not passed via ssh to other nodes as AcceptEnv/SendEnv is disabled in the configuration.
>
> One solution is to hard code the LD_LIBRARY_PATH for the Intel libraries into the .bashrc file - which is not flexible and does not work with the module system.
> Is there a posibility to generate an installation where the wrapper compiler uses rpaths for all libs found in non standard locations?
> Or exists another, better way to pass the environment to the other nodes?
>
> Best regards
> Christoph Niethammer
>
> [1] http://modules.sourceforge.net/

Jonathan Perkins