[mvapich-discuss] Building mvapich2

Jonathan Perkins perkinjo at cse.ohio-state.edu
Tue Feb 18 12:00:34 EST 2014

Hello.  Are you trying to build MVAPICH2 in shared memory only mode or
do you intend to use your ethernet fabric for inter-node
communication?

If you intend to use ethernet you will need to select one of the
tcp/ip channels at configure time.
I suggest adding the following `--with-device=ch3:nemesis'

If you intend to use shared memory only, you can build using our
default channel but you are required to have the infiniband devel
packages installed for the build to complete successfully.

You can find more information in our userguide:
http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/support/user_guide_mvapich2-2.0b.html

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 11:22 AM, David Race
<david.race at daviddenisefamily.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have started building mvapich2-2.0b on a ethernet only system that uses
> SLURM as the resource manager.  I am using
>
> ./configure --disable-romio --with-slurm=/opt/slurm/default --with-pm=no --
> with-pmi=slurm
>
> I get the following error:
>
> checking for size of MPI_Status... configure: error: unable to compute status
> size, are you compiling on a non-2s-complement host?
>
> This is an intel processor, so the error message doesn't seem correct.  I
> haven't started the detailed debugging yet.
>
> Has anyone see this error?
>
> Best Regards
>
> David Race

Jonathan Perkins