[mvapich-discuss] compile warnings

Sarangi, Sandeep sandeep_sarangi at unc.edu
Mon Feb 3 11:38:06 EST 2014

Hello,

I get these warnings when compiling some hello word MPI code using mvapich2-1.7 (with Intel):

ld: Warning: alignment 16 of symbol `mpifcmb4_' in /usr/mpi/intel/mvapich2-1.7/lib/libmpich.a(setbot.o) is smaller than 32 in /tmp/ifort8tVxj2.o
ld: Warning: alignment 16 of symbol `mpifcmb6_' in /usr/mpi/intel/mvapich2-1.7/lib/libmpich.a(setbot.o) is smaller than 32 in /tmp/ifort8tVxj2.o
ld: Warning: alignment 16 of symbol `mpifcmb8_' in /usr/mpi/intel/mvapich2-1.7/lib/libmpich.a(setbot.o) is smaller than 32 in /tmp/ifort8tVxj2.o

It appears that others have reported similar warnings:

http://mailman.cse.ohio-state.edu/pipermail/mvapich-discuss/2011-August/003509.html

I just want to verify- are the above warnings trivial and can they be safely ignored? I'm using a central build on my University's cluster and would prefer not to ask the Sys Admin to rebuild these libraries (using the recommendation in the above email thread).

Thanks,
Sandeep