[mvapich-discuss] RHEL6.5 and MVAPICH2

Mehmet Belgin mehmet.belgin at oit.gatech.edu
Fri Aug 29 15:15:46 EDT 2014

Hi Everyone,

We upgraded from RHEL 6.3 to 6.5 recently and started noticing some performance fluctuations and increased level of sensitivity to core affinity (i.e. more gap between no affinity and affinity). Maybe this is selective bias, but we feel like mvapich2 (2.0rc1 build) performance characteristics have changed (not necessarily degraded, but seeing more inconsistency between runs).

Just pinging the list in case others might have observed this as well. Any feedback on this will be very much appreciated!

Thanks,
-Mehmet (Georgia Tech)