[mvapich-discuss] Segmentation fault while running application

Chaitra Kumar chaitragkumar at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 15:15:18 EDT 2014

Hi Hari,

Thanks for the quick reply.
 I am using tuned MPI implementation available on Graph500 site (
http://www.graph500.org/referencecode).  I haven't modified this code.

Only for some experiments it throws segmentation fault, other experiments
complete without any errors. For eg.,

The following command fails with segmentation fault:

mpiexec -f hostfile -np 50  -env MV2_DEBUG_CORESIZE=unlimited -env
MV2_DEBUG_SHOW_BACKTRACE=1  -env MV2_ENABLE_AFFINITY=0
./graph500_mpi_custom_50 *29*

whereas if i change the scale to 28 or 30 the same code works without any
error:

mpiexec -f hostfile -np 50  -env MV2_DEBUG_CORESIZE=unlimited -env
MV2_DEBUG_SHOW_BACKTRACE=1  -env MV2_ENABLE_AFFINITY=0
./graph500_mpi_custom_50 *30* .

Please let me know if you want me to run with some other options.

Regards,
Chaitra