[mvapich-discuss] MPI_Info to register buffers at allocation time?

sreeram potluri potluri at cse.ohio-state.edu
Sat Sep 14 22:39:25 EDT 2013

Jeff,

In MVAPICH2, window memory is registered with IB in MPI_Win_create and
MPI_Win_allocate calls. If you are communication from and to window memory,
you should not see the registration overhead in the first call.

Which benchmarks are you using when comparing RMA and SHMEM performance?
The synchronization semantics used could be the reason for difference in
performance.

Best
Sreeram Potluri