[mvapich-discuss] Slow MPI_Put for short msgs on Infiniband

Mingzhe Li li.2192 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Thu Oct 24 13:54:43 EDT 2013

Hi Fujita,

I took a look at your benchmark and found that the number of short messages
issued is much larger than that of large messages. The overhead of sending
1024 1Byte small messages back to back is much higher than sending one 1KB
message. That's why the latency is high for small messages in the one sided
operation.

One question I have is what's the use case for this benchmark? What kind of
application use this pattern? Or you are just trying do some comparison
between two sided send/recv and one sided?

Thanks,
Mingzhe