[mvapich-discuss] problem in intra-node paralellism with odd MPI procs

Jeff Hammond jeff.science at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 06:34:26 EDT 2013

If the bug appears with PGI but not Intel or GCC, the problem is the
compiler and the appropriate support team to contact is PGI.

You might try running the hanging tests in GDB (you can do this in
parallel using xterm; the internet has details) and running "bt" after
you Ctrl-C to see exactly where it stalled.

You might also try after completely disabling Fortran (FC=false
F77=false --disable-fc --disable-f77).  We observed some strange
issues in MPICH with PGF a while back.

Jeff