[mvapich-discuss] MVAPICH2 1.9 crash on nodes with different IB speeds

Martin Cuma martin.cuma at utah.edu
Tue Nov 5 15:21:41 EST 2013

Hi Hari,

thanks for the reply, we'll need some time to set up the nodes for the run
w/ the debugging flags you specified. In the meanwhile, this is how we
build MVAPICH2:
setenv CC gcc
setenv CXX g++
setenv FC gfortran
setenv F77 gfortran
setenv FFLAGS " -fPIC"
setenv FCFLAGS " -fPIC"
setenv CFLAGS " -fPIC -D_GNU_SOURC -D_GNU_SOURCE"
setenv CXXFLAGS " -fPIC"
setenv LDFLAGS  "-fPIC"

../../../src/mvapich2/1.9/configure
--prefix=/uufs/kingspeak.peaks/sys/pkg/mvapich2/1.9 --enable-romio
--with-file-system=nfs+ufs --enable-sharedlibs=gcc
--with-ib-include=/usr/include --with-ib-libpath=/usr/lib64
--enable-shared --with-device=ch3:nemesis:ib --enable-cxx

and mpiname -a returns similarly:
MVAPICH2 1.9 Mon May  6 12:25:08 EDT 2013 ch3:nemesis

Compilation
CC: gcc  -fPIC -D_GNU_SOURC -D_GNU_SOURCE   -DNDEBUG -DNVALGRIND -O2
CXX: g++  -fPIC  -DNDEBUG -DNVALGRIND -O2
F77: gfortran  -fPIC  -O2
FC: gfortran  -fPIC  -O2

Configuration
--prefix=/uufs/kingspeak.peaks/sys/pkg/mvapich2/1.9 --enable-romio
--with-file-system=nfs+ufs --enable-sharedlibs=gcc
--with-ib-include=/usr/include --with-ib-libpath=/usr/lib64
--enable-shared --with-device=ch3:nemesis:ib --enable-cxx

I'll get back to you when we get those debug logs.

Thanks,
MC