[mvapich-discuss] VBUF Abort reached in job

Thompson, Matt (GSFC-610.1)[SCIENCE SYSTEMS AND APPLICATIONS INC] matthew.thompson at nasa.gov
Thu May 9 16:03:36 EDT 2013

On 05/09/2013 12:44 PM, Devendar Bureddy wrote:
> Hi Matt

<snip>

> - How much physical memory these nodes have?

24 GB per node.

> - Can you report following values on one of the compute node?
>
> $ cat /sys/module/mlx4_core/parameters/log_mtts_per_seg

This reports as "3".

> $ cat /sys/module/mlx4_core/parameters/log_num_mtt

This reports as "0". Does this mean it defaults to something other than
"0" or is max_reg_mem really 8*PAGE_SIZE?

> I think this issue could be similar to one explained in the above list
> thread.  OFED has parameters to limit the amount of memory that can be
> registered with HCA. The following user guide FAQ entry has few more
> details regarding this
> http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/support/user_guide_mvapich2-1.9.html#x1-1130009.1.1

Thanks, I'll forward this on to my colleagues here.

--
Matt Thompson, PhD     SSAI, Sr Software Test Engr
NASA GSFC, Global Modeling and Assimilation Office