[mvapich-discuss] Why my mpirun seg faluts all the time?

Jonathan Perkins perkinjo at cse.ohio-state.edu
Wed May 8 23:06:12 EDT 2013

On Wed, May 08, 2013 at 06:19:47PM -0400, Daniel WEI wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> I build mvapich2-1.9 on our own new cluster with amd chips. I use icc to
> compile it. The building process seems fine to me.
> The configure is:
>         ./configure \
>             --prefix=$MPIPATH \
>             CXX=icpc \
>             CC=icc \
>             --with-pm=hydra \
>             --enable-mpe \
>             --enable-smpcoll \
>             --enable-cxx \
>             --disable-f77 \
>             --disable-fc \
>             --with-device=ch3:psm \
>             --enable-shared \
>             ;
> However, when it finished, the mpicc looks okay, but whenever you try
> mpirun or mpiexec it gives an segmenation fault error.
>
> Anyone knows what's happening? Thanks

Hello Daniel.  Can you try rebuilding by adding --enable-g=dbg
--disable-fast to configure and removing --with-pm=hydra.  This way you
may be able to get more debugging info from the library and give you the
option of trying mpirun_rsh.

After you rebuild please send the output of mpiname -a and the full
output of the mpirun_rsh command with the MV2_DEBUG_SHOW_BACKTRACE
parameter set to 1.

Example:
  /path/to/mpiname -a
  /path/to/mpirun_rsh -n 2 hostA hostB MV2_DEBUG_SHOW_BACKTRACE=1 \
      /path/to/mpiprogram

--
Jonathan Perkins
http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~perkinjo