[mvapich-discuss] psm

Marcin Zalewski marcin.zalewski at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 01:57:39 EST 2013

For others who try to compile the psm library, the file I found seems
to be what is distributed by Intel.

Unfortunately, it does not compile with gcc 4.6 or newer. The
modification necessary to make this library compile involves fixing a
duplicate member in anonymous unions. I was able to compile mvapich
with --with-device=ch3:psm, but now I am getting the following runtime
error:

cutter16.14497PSM can't open /dev/ipath for reading and writing (err=23)
psm_ep_open failed with error Failure in initializing endpoint
Fatal error in MPI_Init: Internal MPI error!

Is anyone familiar with this problem?

Thanks,
Marcin