[mvapich-discuss] configure: error: 'infiniband/mad.h not found. Please retry with --disable-mcast'

Jeff Hammond jeff.science at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 18:26:46 EDT 2013

My configure dies with this:

configure: error: 'infiniband/mad.h not found. Please retry with
--disable-mcast'

Obviously, I can read and thus know how to fix this, but isn't the
point of configure to detect what features are available and not
attempt to use ones that are not available?  Shouldn't configure
automatically disable mcast for me when infiniband/mad.h is not found?
 To throw this error seems to go against the fundamental principle of
why projects use configure.

Thanks,

Jeff

--