[mvapich-discuss] MVAPICH2 Hugepage Issue with RHEL 6.2

Tom Crockett twcroc at wm.edu
Wed Feb 20 15:26:58 EST 2013

Devendar Bureddy wrote:
> It seems this warning message is added in latest kernels for more
> security reasons. You can fix this by adding users group id into
> /proc/sys/vm/hugetlb_shm_group.
>
> $echo `id -g <username>` > /proc/sys/vm/hugetlb_shm_group

Devendar,

Thanks for the explanation.  That does indeed appear to take care of the
problem.  In our case, we have users in several dozen groups who could
potentially be running MVAPICH2 jobs, so I created a new "hugepage"
group which contains everybody, and that seems to work fine.

-Tom

--
Tom Crockett

College of William and Mary               email:  twcroc at wm.edu
IT/High Performance Computing Group       phone:  (757) 221-2762
Jones Hall, Rm. 304A                      fax:    (757) 221-1321
P.O. Box 8795
Williamsburg, VA  23187-8795