[mvapich-discuss] Hello World, MPI-3.0 and mpi_f08

Jeff Hammond jeff.science at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 09:20:21 EST 2013

While OpenMPI doesn't yet provide all of MPI-3, they implemented the
Fortran 2008 interface already.  The people on the Fortran working
group defining that interface decided to prototype in OpenMPI, which
put it ahead in that race.

MPICH - from which MVAPICH is derived - does not yet support the
Fortran 2008 interface, but it is under active development right now.
If you want more precise information, you should write
discuss at mpich.org.

Best,

Jeff