[mvapich-discuss] Issue compiling recent osu benchmark

Jonathan Perkins perkinjo at cse.ohio-state.edu
Mon Dec 16 20:17:11 EST 2013

Thank you for the report.  We'll provide a check for MPI-3 support in
the next release of the OSU Micro-Benchmarks.  In the meantime you can
follow Jeff's suggestion to use the -k option of make so that the
other benchmarks will build successfully.

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 5:47 PM, Dieter GORECKI
<dieter.gorecki at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>

> I’m not sure if this is the right place for this kind of request, but didn’t
> find anything else to put this request.
>

> I’ve been recently trying to compile the osu benchmark suite v4.2, and I
> discovered that I couldn’t do it with openmpi, due to the lack of support of
> MPI-3 in it.
>

> /root/dieter/osu-micro-benchmarks-4.2/mpi/one-sided/osu_cas_flush.c:100:
> undefined reference to `MPI_Compare_and_swap'
>
> /root/dieter/osu-micro-benchmarks-4.2/mpi/one-sided/osu_cas_flush.c:101:
> undefined reference to `MPI_Win_flush'
>

> It had probably be broken since v4.1 with the add of "MPI-3 RMA Atomics
> benchmarks". (OSU v4.0.1 compiles without issues)
>

> So I am wondering if you could add a switch to disable MPI-3 support, in
> order to retrieve compatibility with older mpi implementations ?
>

> Thanks,
>

> Dieter GORECKI

Jonathan Perkins
http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~perkinjo