[mvapich-discuss] Issue compiling recent osu benchmark

Dieter GORECKI dieter.gorecki at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 17:47:14 EST 2013

Hi everyone,

I’m not sure if this is the right place for this kind of request, but
didn’t find anything else to put this request.

I’ve been recently trying to compile the osu benchmark suite v4.2, and I
discovered that I couldn’t do it with openmpi, due to the lack of support
of MPI-3 in it.

/root/dieter/osu-micro-benchmarks-4.2/mpi/one-sided/osu_cas_flush.c:100:
undefined reference to `MPI_Compare_and_swap'

/root/dieter/osu-micro-benchmarks-4.2/mpi/one-sided/osu_cas_flush.c:101:
undefined reference to `MPI_Win_flush'

It had probably be broken since v4.1 with the add of "MPI-3 RMA Atomics
benchmarks". (OSU v4.0.1 compiles without issues)

So I am wondering if you could add a switch to disable MPI-3 support, in
order to retrieve compatibility with older mpi implementations ?

Thanks,

Dieter GORECKI