[mvapich-discuss] mpirun_rsh error

Malek Musleh malek.musleh at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 13:33:29 EDT 2013

Hi,

I am encountering a problem when running mpirun_rsh across any external
node (any node besides the host machine from where it is launched).

This is the command line I used:

mpirun_rsh -np 1 10.2.4.4 ./helloworld

(where the ipaddress is not the ip address of the current host). I am able
to ssh directly (without password) to the machine, so I am not sure why
connectivity is an issue.

I get the following error:

[gpu6.east.isi.edu:mpirun_rsh][mpispawn_checkin] connect() failed:  (113)
[gpu6.east.isi.edu:mpirun_rsh][wfe_thread] Internal error: transition failed

Likewise, when I run the command on the node B to issue onto node A, the
same error occurs. Both machines have mvapich installed, and paths are set
up as well.

The revision I am using is: mvapich2-1.8-r5827

This is not the latest, but when I tried the latest, it didn't have a
./configure file, so I opted to try a branch version instead hoping it was
more stable.

Any ideas, google search wasn't quite helpful.

Malek