[mvapich-discuss] Re: [mvapich] Announcing the release of MVAPICH2 1.8.1

Riping Wang wang.riping.81 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 04:02:01 EDT 2012

Hi,

I have this error when configure mvapich2 1.8.1 on Fedora 14 64 bit machine.
'''
configure: error: 'libibumad not found. Did you specify --with-ib-libpath=?'
configure: error: channels/mrail configure failed
configure: error: src/mpid/ch3 configure failed
'''
Could you help me to solve it?

Thank you very much.
WANG Riping
2012.9.29

On 29 September 2012 11:30, Dhabaleswar Panda <panda at cse.ohio-state.edu>wrote:

> The MVAPICH team is pleased to announce the release of MVAPICH2 1.8.1.
> This is a bug-fix release compared to MVAPICH2 1.8.
>
> Bug-Fixes for MVAPICH2 1.8.1. (since MVAPICH2 1.8GA release) are listed
> below:
>
>     - Fix issue in intra-node knomial bcast
>     - Handle gethostbyname return values gracefully
>     - Fix corner case issue in two-level gather code path
>     - Fix bug in CUDA events/streams pool management
>     - Fix in GPU device pointer detection
>         - Thanks to Brody Huval from Stanford for the report
>     - Fix issue in selecting CUDA run-time variables when running on single
>       node in SMP only mode
>     - Fix ptmalloc initialization issue when MALLOC_CHECK_ is defined in
> the
>       environment
>         - Thanks to Mehmet Belgin from Georgia Institute of Technology for
> the
>           report
>     - Fix memory corruption and handle heterogeneous architectures in
> gather
>       collective
>     - Fix issue in detecting the correct HCA type
>     - Fix issue in ring start-up to select correct HCA when MV2_IBA_HCA is
>       specified
>     - Fix SEGFAULT in MPI_Finalize when IB loop-back is used
>     - Fix memory corruption on nodes with 64-cores
>         - Thanks to M Xie for the report
>     - Fix hang in MPI_Finalize with Nemesis interface when ptmalloc
>       initialization fails
>         - Thanks to Carson Holt from OICR for the report
>     - Fix memory corruption in shared memory communication
>         - Thanks to Craig Tierney from NOAA for the report and testing the
>           patch
>     - Fix issue in IB ring start-up selection with mpiexec.hydra
>     - Option for selecting non-default gid-index in a loss-less fabric
> setup
>       in RoCE mode
>     - Improved error reporting
>     - Option to disable signal handler setup
>
> Most of these bug-fixes are also available with MVAPICH2 1.9a release.
> MVAPICH2 users are strongly requested to upgrade their 1.8 installations to
> 1.8.1 or 1.9a.
>
> For downloading MVAPICH2 1.8.1, associated user guide, quick start guide,
> and accessing the SVN, please visit the following URL:
>
> http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.**edu <http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu>
>
> All questions, feedbacks, bug reports, hints for performance tuning,
> patches and enhancements are welcome. Please post it to the mvapich-discuss
> mailing list (mvapich-discuss at cse.ohio-**state.edu<mvapich-discuss at cse.ohio-state.edu>
> ).
>
> Thanks,
>
> The MVAPICH Team

WANG Riping
Ph.D student,
Institute for Study of the Earth's Interior,Okayama University,
827 Yamada, Misasa, Tottori-ken 682-0193, Japan
Tel: +81-858-43-3739(Office), +81-858-43-1215(Inst)
E-mail: wang.riping.81 at gmail.com