[mvapich-discuss] librdmacm warning when I run MPI programs

Uday K Bondhugula uday at csa.iisc.ernet.in
Wed Sep 26 04:41:10 EDT 2012

On 09/24/2012 08:05 PM, Jonathan Perkins wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 04:16:27PM +0530, Vaivaswatha N wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to use MVAPICH to run an MPI program in my college cluster. My
>> program is working correctly, but the following warnings are emitted.
>>
>> librdmacm: couldn't read ABI version.
>> librdmacm: assuming: 4
>>
>> Searching on Google seems to hint that this is related to the InifniBand
>> not being used for the communication. Can someone comment if this is true
>> and what could be causing the issue?
>
> This warning usually indicates a problem with the OFED installation
> which could prevent the RDMA connection manager from functioning
> properly.  You may want to bring this up to your Admin.

The problem didn't exist earlier, but showed up after the kernel was
updated from 2.6.18-128.el5 to 2.6.18-308.13.1.el5 (latest one in CentOS
5.3 repo now). The packages librdmacm and ofed-scripts themselves are
up-to-date. No other configuration was changed as far as I can remember.
This is with

mvapich2-1.8a1
librdmacm-1.0.10-1.el5
ofed-scripts-1.5-0

Thanks,
Uday

> By default we use the IB connection manager so it is likely that
> Infiniband is being used for the communication.

believed to be clean.