[mvapich-discuss] MPI and CUDA Streams

sreeram potluri potluri at cse.ohio-state.edu
Sun Sep 16 10:53:46 EDT 2012

Hi Brody,

MVAPICH2 does use streams/events internally to pipeline copies from the GPU
and transfers over the network. However, it does not have a way to expose
these streams/events to the application or for the application to indicate
which streams/events MVAPICH2 should use.

The only way to synchronize between MPI_Isend/recv and GPU kernels is to
use MPI_Wait/Waitall which I assume is what you are using right now.

Best
Sreeram Potluri