[mvapich-discuss] enabling thread support in mvapich2 v1.8.1

Devendar Bureddy bureddy at cse.ohio-state.edu
Wed Oct 31 18:42:40 EDT 2012

Hi Brent

Can you please make sure processor affinity is set to 0, using the MV2
_ENABLE_AFFINITY=0 option. Please refer to following user guide section for
more details.
http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/support/user_guide_mvapich2-1.8.1.html#x1-730006.13

No need to specify --enable-thread configure flag. This is supported by
default.  MVAPICH2 do not have any configuration named "--with-openib ".
 The infiniband support is enabled with default configuration.  You can
find more details about OFA_IB_CH3 interface configuration at :
http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/support/user_guide_mvapich2-1.8.1.html#x1-100004.4

-Devendar

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 5:44 PM, Henderson, Brent <brent.henderson at hp.com>wrote:

>  I have a small cluster of 4 nodes setup with FDR IB and the
> MLNX_OFED_LINUX-1.5.3-3.1.0 stack on top of CentOS v6.3.  I’m attempting to
> build mvapich2 v1.8.1 with thread support, but am not having any luck
> running the simple attached code and have it return MPI_THREAD_MULTIPLE.
> (BTW, this started by running IMB and having it *not* report
> MPI_THREAD_MULTIPLE.) ****
>
> ** **
>
> I’ve tried the following two builds.****
>
> ****
>
> % ./configure --prefix=/home/brent/mvapich2-181runt
> --enable-thread=runtime --with-openib ; make ; make install****
>
>     and****
>
> % ./configure --prefix=/home/brent/mvapich2-181mult
> --enable-thread=multiple --with-openib ; make ; make install****
>
> ** **
>
> When I run the attached code with these builds, I get MPI_THREAD_SINGLE.
> Hopefully I’m missing something simple here – can someone help walk me
> through this?****
>
> ** **
>
> Thanks!****
>
> ** **