[EXTERNAL] Re: [mvapich-discuss] MVA1.9a --enable-cuda with ch3:socks compile errors

Christian Trott crtrott at sandia.gov
Wed Oct 24 10:50:20 EDT 2012

Thanks

thats what I thought. Do you know if I can compile for that interface on
my local workstation which does not have Infiniband? And if yes do you
have a link to a list of stuff I need to install (just adding libibverbs
via yum didn't seem to be sufficient. Also is support for the CH3:socks
interface for GPU to GPU transfer planned?
I am currently in the process of deciding whether or not I rely for
direct CUDA support within MPI for a number of projects (currently just
evaluation but potentially that would include Trilinos and LAMMPS from
Sandia) instead of writing my own data shuffling stuff. My current
status is that it seems that we got support on Infininband clusters by
both MVAPICH2 and OpenMPI, Cray seems to have something in release soon
for their network, and OpenMPI seems to work on my local machine as well.

Cheers
Christian