[mvapich-discuss] Equivalence of OMPI's mpi_leave_pinned parameter

sreeram potluri potluri at cse.ohio-state.edu
Sun Nov 4 00:41:12 EDT 2012

Hi Jens,

This is interesting. From what we have seen, registration in MVAPICH2
should not interfere with any page-locked buffers you use in the
application. Can you explain your scenario a bit more or give a test case
where you see such a failures?

MVAPICH2 does provide an option to disable registration cache by setting
the parameter MV2_USE_LAZY_MEM_UNREGISTER to 0.  But this can have a
negative impact on the application's performance. We would prefer we get to
the root cause of the issue and resolve it if possible.

Sreeram Potluri