[mvapich-discuss] Broadcast using infiniband's hardware multicast

NARDI Luigi Luigi.NARDI at murex.com
Wed Mar 14 06:53:33 EDT 2012

Hello,

I'm interested in using the MPI-level broadcast using infiniband's
hardware multicast functionality with MVAPICH2.

I have seen nice results in some papers of years 2005 and 2006.

May I know what is the implementation state of the art on this work?

I have seen that MVAPICH 0.9.9 User and Tuning Guide
(https://computing.llnl.gov/tutorials/linux_clusters/mvapich_user_guide_
099.pdf
<https://computing.llnl.gov/tutorials/linux_clusters/mvapich_user_guide_
099.pdf> ) in 2007 talks about this functionality

but nothing is said about that on MVAPICH2 1.8 User Guide
(http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/support/mvapich2-1.8_alpha2_user_guid
e.pdf
<http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/support/mvapich2-1.8_alpha2_user_guid
e.pdf> ) in 2012.

Thanks in advance

Luigi Nardi

This e-mail contains information for the intended recipient only. It may contain proprietary material or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient you are not authorised to distribute, copy or use this e-mail or any attachment to it. Murex cannot guarantee that it is virus free and accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage arising from its use. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify immediately the sender and delete the original email received, any attachments and all copies from your system.