[mvapich-discuss] Runtime parameters for Large memory jobs

Mehmet mbelgin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 15:42:50 EDT 2012

Hi Everyone,

I have one simple and one difficult question :)

1) Is there a way to bypass IB using runtime parameters? (for
troubleshooting etc)

2) Could you recommend some runtime parameters to prevent buffer overruns
etc for large memory jobs? I have a multiple-hundred-cores job with
6-7GB/core memory utilization per core, which consistently segfaults. The
issue is not related to unavailable memory, we have systems to support
that. Ulimit values also look OK. I saw "MV2_SHMEM_COLL_MAX_MSG_SIZE" for
example, but the manual includes no details for how it is used (is it
boolean? If it takes a value, is it KB? Do we need to specify the unit
after the value, e.g. "5GB"?)

Any suggestions will be very much appreciated!

Thanks,
-Mehmet

PS:  I am using mvapich2 1.6 on 64-core Interlagos nodes