[mvapich-discuss] Re: Algorithms for MPI_Gather, MPI_Scatter and MPI_Bcast in MVAPICH2

vaibhav dutt vaibhavsupersaiyan9 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 16:56:43 EDT 2012

Hi,

I have seen leader based implementation of MPI_Bcast in a paper
http://sensorweb.cs.gsu.edu/~dej/docs/ccgrid08.pdf  in which all the data
is sent to a leader in a node and then the leader undergoes intra node
communication
to provide data to all processes within a node. Is this leader based
implementation also used
for MPI_Scatter and MPI_Gather in anyway?

Thank You,
Vaibhav