[mvapich-discuss] Forcing a dump?

Ed Wahl ewahl at osc.edu
Thu Jul 26 10:27:24 EDT 2012

Howdy.  I've been dragging my feet on debugging an annoying problem with a third party application that misbehaves with mvapich2 when it hits the MV2_ON_DEMAND_THRESHOLD value.

I've enabled debugging--enable-debuginfo  --enable-g=dbg, and  export MV2_DEBUG_SHOW_BACKTRACE=1    export MV2_DEBUG_CORESIZE=unlimited.  But I still just get :

[cli_1]: aborting job:
Fatal error in MPI_Init:
Other MPI error

I do have a small backtrace before this, but it does not seem to be that useful.

Is there another way to force mvapich2 to give me any more information than this from the fault?

Ed Wahl
OSC