[mvapich-discuss] Process affinity setting

Devendar Bureddy bureddy at cse.ohio-state.edu
Fri Feb 24 18:00:24 EST 2012

 Hi Vaibhav

Are you running with MVAPIVH or MVAPICH2?

MVAPICH/MVAPICH2 by default enables the CPU affinity.  You can find
more details in the following user guide sections.

MVAPICH:
http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/support/mvapich_user_guide-1.2rc1.html#x1-1340009.6.5

MVAPICH2:
http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/support/user_guide_mvapich2-1.8_alpha2.html#x1-520006.3

Can you let us know your configuration and run command?

The taskset should work with mpirun_rsh.  but, please make sure you
turn off MVAPICH/MVAPICH2 default provided affinity with
VIADEV_USE_AFFINITY=0 in MVAPICH and MV2_ENABLE_AFFINITY=0 in
MVAPICH2. Otherwise, there will be conflicting affinity settings as
both taskset and MVAPICH  try to set affinity.

-Devendar