[mvapich-discuss] [hydra] one MPI process per node (-bynode)

John Gilmore john.gilmore at vastech.co.za
Wed Dec 19 14:49:39 EST 2012

Hi,

I haven't worked with MPI+OpenMP, but you can generally also use a hostfile to spawn one process per node. Sorry if OpenMP is a special case I don't know about.

mpiexec -hostfile filepath/filename

The file then has the form:
hostname1:1
hostname2:1
hostname3:1

This will spawn one process on each of hosts 1, 2 and 3.

The numbers after the hostname determine how many processes to spawn there.

I don't know if this answers your question?

Regards
John