[mvapich-discuss] [hydra] one MPI process per node (-bynode)

Jeff Hammond jhammond at alcf.anl.gov
Wed Dec 19 14:03:21 EST 2012

Make sure you set the environment variable MV2_ENABLE_AFFINITY=0 so
that the OpenMP threads can be spawned on different cores.

I've observed catastrophic performance with MPI+Pthreads codes because
the default settings (enabling thread affinity) of MVAPICH2 do not
permit the threads to be spawned on different cores.

Jeff