[mvapich-discuss] [hydra] one MPI process per node (-bynode)

Christian Krause kizkizzbangbang at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 19 08:41:01 EST 2012

Hello,

Is it possible with the hydra launcher to start one MPI process per node?

We currently want to support hybrid MPI / OpenMP jobs at our cluster
for MVAPICH. We are using hydra to tightly integrate MVAPICH with the
Sun Grid Engine.

We also support OpenMPI which has a "-bynode" parameter to start one
MPI process per node, which is really useful for starting hybrid MPI /
OpenMP jobs.

Is there something like "-bynode" for the hydra (or another) launcher?
I've browsed through the man page but unfortunately found nothing.

Best Regards