[mvapich-discuss] Vbuf register issues

Devendar Bureddy bureddy at cse.ohio-state.edu
Fri Dec 7 12:32:45 EST 2012

Hi Wang Pan

This error occurs when it is failed to register memory with infiniband
HCA.  This requires sufficient limit on max lockable memory.  What
does "ulimit -l" show in your setup?  If it is not set to "ulimited",
can you please try by setting this to unlimited.  Please refer to
following user guide section for related information :
http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/support/user_guide_mvapich2-1.9a2.html#x1-1250009.4.3

-Devendar

On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 6:56 AM, WANG Pan <weaponfire2005 at 163.com> wrote:
> Hi all:
>
>      When I run my MPI programs, I got the following errors:
>     " [src/mpid/ch3/channels/mrail/src/gen2/vbuf.c, 382] Cannot register
> vbuf region
>       [16] Abort: VBUF reagion allocation failed. Pool size 512
>       at line 753 in file src/mpid/ch3/channels/mrail/src/gen2/vbuf.c "
>       Did anyone know how to fix this errors?
>       Thanks for any help. : )

Devendar