[mvapich-discuss] No asynchronous progress in mvapich2.

sreeram potluri potluri at cse.ohio-state.edu
Sat Apr 14 19:44:26 EDT 2012

Hi Ziaul,

1) Truly one-sided designs for passive (lock-unlock) semantics are
currently available at the intra-node level only in MVAPICH2. Please look
at the following pointers for information about two modes that offer this:

LiMIC based windows
http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/support/user_guide_mvapich2-1.8rc1.html#x1-560006.4

Shared-memory based windows
http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/support/user_guide_mvapich2-1.8rc1.html#x1-570006.5

2) We have better RDMA-based implementations for one-sided communication
using active synchronization semantics (post-wait/start-complete, fence).
These provide better overlap performance. You can explore these.

3) Future release will have support for truly one-sided designs for passive
(lock/unlock) at the inter-node level

Hope this information is useful. Let me know if you need any further help.

Sreeram Potluri