[mvapich-discuss] Binding processes to cores

Michael E. Thomadakis miket at tamu.edu
Fri Oct 21 16:17:42 EDT 2011

Hello,

1) Besides the two options “bunch” and “scatter” or the explicit
manipulation of the -hostfile, do we have any other way to fine tune the
mapping of ranks to core or sockets ?

2) It would be convenient to have a way to select nodes and ranks as for
instance in "round-robin mapping of ranks to nodes" or "assign 2 ranks /
node" or "spread evenly ranks to nodes", etc. I have not seen an "easy"
to do regular-pattern spreading of ranks to nodes. Did I miss
documentation on this ?

thanks.....

Michael