[mvapich-discuss] Problem building mvapich2-1.7

Mike Heinz michael.heinz at qlogic.com
Tue Oct 11 13:29:01 EDT 2011

Okay - I can confirm that I get this problem when building straight from the OFED source RPM, but -->not<-- when building from the  MVAPICH2 tarball I just downloaded from OSU.

The only "special" thing here is I used the script we provide our users to specify the options for the rpm build.

Machine settings are:

[root at ifs002 MPI]# uname -a
Linux ifs002.dev.silverstorm.com 2.6.32-131.0.15.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue May 10 15:42:40 EDT 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
[root at ifs002 MPI]# cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.1 (Santiago)
[root at ifs002 MPI]#  gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 4.4.5 20110214 (Red Hat 4.4.5-6)

Configure options were:

./configure --prefix=/usr/mpi/gcc/mvapich2-1.7 --with-rdma=gen2 --with-ib-include=/usr/include --with-ib-libpath=/usr/lib64 --enable-shared CC=gcc CXX=g++ F77=gfortran FC=gfortran

I've attached a typescript capture of the build process.