[mvapich-discuss] Intel compiler problem on SLES11-SP1

Albino A. Aveleda bino at coc.ufrj.br
Tue Nov 29 10:01:44 EST 2011

Hi All,

I compiled and installed the mvapich2-1.7 on SLES11-SP1. If I use the gcc compiler it´s works
withou problem but if I use the intel compiler (version 12.1.0.233) it fail on testing.

# export ac_cv_func_malloc_0_nonnull=yes
# export ac_cv_func_realloc_0_nonnull=yes
# ./configure --prefix=/sw/mpi/mvapich2/1.7-intel --disable-multi-aliases CC=icc CXX=icpc F77=ifort FC=ifort
# make && make install
# make testing
(cd test && make testing)
make[1]: Entering directory `/sw/src/mvapich2/tmp/mvapich2-1.7/test'
(NOXMLCLOSE=YES && export NOXMLCLOSE && cd mpi && make testing)
make[2]: Entering directory `/sw/src/mvapich2/tmp/mvapich2-1.7/test/mpi'
./runtests -srcdir=. -tests=testlist \
                   -mpiexec=/sw/mpi/mvapich2/1.7-intel/bin/mpiexec \
                   -xmlfile=summary.xml
Looking in ./testlist
Processing directory attr
Looking in ./attr/testlist
Unexpected output in attrt:
Unexpected output in attrt: =====================================================================================
Unexpected output in attrt: =   BAD TERMINATION OF ONE OF YOUR APPLICATION PROCESSES
Unexpected output in attrt: =   EXIT CODE: 11
Unexpected output in attrt: =   CLEANING UP REMAINING PROCESSES
Unexpected output in attrt: =   YOU CAN IGNORE THE BELOW CLEANUP MESSAGES
Unexpected output in attrt: =====================================================================================
Unexpected output in attrt: APPLICATION TERMINATED WITH THE EXIT STRING: Segmentation fault (signal 11)
Program attrt exited without No Errors
Unexpected output in attric:
Unexpected output in attric: =====================================================================================
Unexpected output in attric: =   BAD TERMINATION OF ONE OF YOUR APPLICATION PROCESSES
Unexpected output in attric: =   EXIT CODE: 11
Unexpected output in attric: =   CLEANING UP REMAINING PROCESSES
Unexpected output in attric: =   YOU CAN IGNORE THE BELOW CLEANUP MESSAGES
Unexpected output in attric: APPLICATION TERMINATED WITH THE EXIT STRING: Segmentation fault (signal 11)
Program attric exited without No Errors

How do I fix this?

Best regards,
Bibo