[mvapich-discuss] thread safety over IB

Krishna Kandalla kandalla at cse.ohio-state.edu
Fri Nov 4 10:29:41 EDT 2011

Hello,
         We do offer THREAD_MULTIPLE support for IB in MVAPICH2. Our
default behavior is also consistent with MPICH2's "runtime" threading
option -- the threading level is determined by the input parameters to
MPI_Init_thread().
         You do not have to use any additional configuration flags to turn
on threading support in MV2-1.7. You just have to make sure you request for
THREAD_MULTIPLE during Init. (Your sample code seems to be doing that
already)  However, at job launch time, you may have to set
processor-affinity to 0, using the MV2_ENABLE_AFFINITY=0 option. Please
refer to section 6.14 in our userguide (
http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/support/user_guide_mvapich2-1.7.html#x1-700006.14)
for more information. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Krishna