[mvapich-discuss] OSU OSU Micro-Benchmarks 3.3

Jonathan Perkins perkinjo at cse.ohio-state.edu
Tue Mar 22 13:04:15 EDT 2011

Hi, thanks for using the OSU micro benchmarks.  The following is an
excerpt from the MVAPICH2 userguide
(http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/support/user_guide_mvapich2-1.6.html#x1-650007.2).
 We'll include this information in the README for the benchmarks as
well.

7.2.1 Running OSU Latency and Bandwidth

Inter-node latency and bandwidth: The following example will measure
the latency and bandwidth of communication between node1 and node2.

$ mpirun_rsh -np 2 node1 node2 ./osu_latency
$ mpirun_rsh -np 2 node1 node2 ./osu_bw

Intra-node latency and bandwidth: The following example will measure
the latency and bandwidth of communication inside node1 on different
cores. This assumes that you have at least two cores (or processors)
in your node.

$ mpirun_rsh -np 2 node1 node1 ./osu_latency
$ mpirun_rsh -np 2 node1 node1 ./osu_bw

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 12:08 PM, vaibhav dutt
<vaibhavsupersaiyan9 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to use the OSU micro benchmarks for determining the inter node
> latency on a cluster.
> I am able to install it successfully on the cluster but I am not sure how to
> use it.
> The installation generated a lot of executables but I don't know how to give
> the host list.
> The readme file gives some information about mpd hosts something which I
> don't have any
> idea about. Can anybody explain.
>
> Thanks

Jonathan Perkins