[mvapich-discuss] MVAPICH2 with OpenMP

Martin Cuma martin.cuma at utah.edu
Tue Mar 1 17:03:38 EST 2011

Hi all,

I am having a strange problem with MVAPICH2 - the ones that I build don't
seem to run multi-threaded programs with OpenMP. I suspect it's some kind
of a configuration issue on my end as I tried to run MVAPICH2 from the
stock OFED distribution and the multithreading there is fine.

Also, I have been building OpenMPI with fairly standard options and the
OpenMP there works fine.

Does someone have similar experience, or, is there some trick with
MVAPICH2 build or running to get multiple OpenMP threads going?

I configure as:
configure --enable-romio --with-file-system=nfs+ufs  --with-device=ch3:psm
with Intel or GNU compilers.

Then run as:
mpiexec.hydra -genv OMP_NUM_THREADS 4 -genv MV2_ENABLE_AFFINITY 0 -n 16
-machinefile nodefile ./program

This is all on RHEL 5.5 with the Qlogic or Mellanox IB adapters.

Thanks,
MC

--
Martin Cuma