[mvapich-discuss] Polling and Blocking

Devendar Bureddy bureddy at cse.ohio-state.edu
Tue Jun 28 15:37:24 EDT 2011

Hi Vaibhav

The default mode in MVAPICH2 is "polling".  The run time option
MV2_USE_BLOCKING=1 will enable the blocking mode.  You can check this
option in user guide :
http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/support/user_guide_mvapich2-1.7_alpha.html#x1-20100011.73

Please note that, it is recommended to use default mode. The blocking
mode will turn off some of the internal optimizations

-Devendar