[mvapich-discuss] Performance issue

Dhabaleswar Panda panda at cse.ohio-state.edu
Sun Jun 5 08:38:00 EDT 2011

Hi,

Thanks for your note. Could you tell us whether you are using single-rail
or multi-rail environment. If you are using multi-rail environment, let us
know the number of rails you are using and the configuration/run-time
options you are using (there are several configurations and run-time
options available in 1.7a). Is this being run on the Tsukuba cluster?

Typically MPI library has a rendezvous threshold. Similarly, there are
thresholds for multi-rail configurations. These thresholds need to be
adjusted properly to get the best performance for different message sizes.
If you can provide answers to some of the above questions, it will be
helpful for us to analyze this issue further.

Thanks,

DK