[mvapich-discuss] mvapich2-1.7a: configure: error: Unable to convert MPI_SIZEOF_AINT to a hex string

Anthony Chan chan at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jun 1 11:03:00 EDT 2011

MPICH2's configure uses autoconf's AC_CHECK_SIZEOF to determine the sizeof
C's basic types.  Whenever an invalid compile command is used, AC_CHECK_SIZEOF
sets the corresponding ac_cv_sizeof_* to zero and that is how the macro is defined.
What it should have happen when LD_LIBRARY_PATH is incorrect, AC_PROG_CC should
have aborted and emited error message before configure reaches AC_CHECK_SIZEOF.
Could you send us the config.log so we can take a look to see anything in
PAC_PROG_CC should be improved ?

BTW, what is corresponding mpich2 version for mvapich2-1.7a ?

A.Chan