[mvapich-discuss] Performance in MVAPICH2...

Krishna Kandalla kandalla at cse.ohio-state.edu
Fri Jul 15 11:28:35 EDT 2011

Hi Shucai,
         It is possible that the thread calling MPI_Comm_Accept can affect
the message-rate achieved by the other thread. Please note that
MPI_Comm_Accept is a blocking call and the calling thread will be required
to wait within the library for an in-bound connection request. We do have
mechanisms for allowing a thread to yield the lock (and the cpu), but it
might still limit the message-rate that you can achieve with your
communication-thread. Please let us know if you any other questions.

Thanks,
Krishna