[mvapich-discuss] mvapich2 1.6 cannot run job on many nodes

worldeb at ukr.net worldeb at ukr.net
Fri Jul 15 06:39:19 EDT 2011

 Hi again,

it seems I found problem or at least localized it.
There is one node which when I submit job there produces these errors.
In case of cpi code it happens when this node is in list of more than 8 nodes.
For other codes it happen just for two nodes (as for mvapich2 1.6 as for 1.0.3)
Any codes work well when jobs run only on this problem node.

I try to play with this node and network using osu benchmarks, for example osu_bibw

mvapich2-1.6 passed without any problems
mvapich2-1.0.3 with osu mpiexec & torque shows errors:
send desc error
[0] Abort: [] Got completion with error 9, vendor code=8a, dest rank=1
at line 519 in file ibv_channel_manager.c
[1] Abort: Got FATAL event 3
at line 796 in file ibv_channel_manager.c

mvapich1-1.0.1 passed without any errors
openmpi-1.4.3 with -mca btl self,openib passed without errors.

So, is it IB problem? In this case why does it just happen only with mvapich2?

I tested IB card on this node by standard ib_rdma/read/send_bw/lat and it seems to work.

Thnax,
Egor.